Friday, September 9, 2011

Crane's Beach and the Town of Essex


My first week back from Spain, we took a trip to Crane's Beach in Ipswich, MA. We spent a few hours on the beach, then headed into Essex to explore a little.



We stopped by this farm on the way out and checked out their lovely shop. They made their own wines, and they didn't just have the typical, but any flavor wine you can imagine: Red Currant, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Peach, Blueberry. We bought a blueberry wine and a dandelion wine.


You never know what you're going to see at these farm stands... just as we were leaving, these turkeys came running out of no where!



We got lunch at Farnham's Famous Clams. We had to get a platter of fried clam bellies! Don't they look delicious? And then we ate them outside in front of these salt marshes (photo above)





Essex, well, the entire North Shore I'd say, is famous for their antique shops. As we had some time to kill, we couldn't help but stop at a few. My mom likes stopping because she can see all the things we have in our house and how much they are being sold for, and I like them because they make nice photo ops.

Printing Press Blocks

Old stuff

Buoys

Raggedy Ann and Andy

3 comments:

  1. Those are not turkeys! They're guinea fowl. We used to have them when I was a kid because my dad had heard that they caused enough of a racket that they'd keep the rattle snakes away.

    Don't know if it's true or not, but after getting them, I don't think we ever had a rattle snake in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really? Interesting... Do you eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge calamari makes my mouth water so fondly! I can just imagine smothering those in the dip.

    ReplyDelete