Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Age

Yes, it's the new year again, which, in Korea means it's time to add another year to your age as well. As of today, I'm officially 27 by Korean standards (unless you're one of those Koreans who choose to count from the Lunar New Year to make yourself a month younger). I've been quite used to saying sumul-yosot but now I need to start practicing saying sumul-ilgop sal (27 years of age) now. Saying 26 wasn't so bad... it seemed sort of natural... but saying 27 gives me a certain sinking feeling. Like 30 is rapidly approaching and there's no escape.

But, in other good news, I'm still 25 years old by international standards. Let's hope I stay this age for a little while longer... I'm getting to like 25.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me on this one, 30 is not the end of the world!!

    Happy New Year,
    Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 30. It sucks. I don't recommend ;)

    ReplyDelete