Saturday, September 18, 2010

CouchSurfing


As I mentioned before, this week was my first experience couchsurfing. It rather unfortunately coinsided with a visit from my university friend from Japan who also stayed at my house, and so the two guests back to back made for a rather exhausting week. But, that being said, it was definetely the most interesting week I've had in a long time. As I mentioned in my blog last week I was feeling as though I just had nothing to talk about here. But, all these international guests got us doing some more interesting things this week! Basically, every night was staying up late, drinking and eating and chatting about all sorts of things.

Our Couchsurfing guests were a couple from France. I was so inspired by their story. They traveled to New Zealand, where they cycled and did WWOOFing for 5 months. Then they flew to Bangkok where they continued to bike from Bangkok to Laos to Vietnam. Then they continued to travel for another month, sans bike, and from there made their way to Korea where they will be staying until the end of November, then traveling around Europe a little before heading back to France.

It was great hosting, though, now that I've had someone comment (and after updating my profile as suggested by our surfers) I've already gotten two more couch requests. They were both for the week of Chuseok, so I had to decline since I will be in Jeju. I think couch surfing is fun, but I don't think I want to do it all the time. One surfer per two months might be fun for a change of pace, but doing it several times a month I think would be quite stressful.

I highly recommend using couchsurfing while you're home, or while you're traveling. To learn more, check out www.couchsurfing.org.

Have you tried couchsurfing? How was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment