Sunday, August 22, 2010

Please, don't steal the cheese

Nowadays, E-mart does carry a fairly large selection of cheese, but I was surprised to see the new addition on my last visit. Look carefully, nearly all the cheese is in little locked boxes. The closest thing I've seen to something like this is the plastic locks they put on CDs and DVDs at home. Therefore, the only thing I can imagine these little boxes are doing is preventing cheese theft. I didn't realize that cheese theft could be such a problem, but at the price and the concealability (is that a word?) of cheese, I guess it would be easy to use a 5 finger discount on these. But, no longer!

Any other theories? I'm still having a hard time conceiving the fact that e-mart put anti-theft devices on cheese...

8 comments:

  1. Lock it up...I don't care. As long as they sell actual cheese. My Emart sells a good variety of real hard cheese but not locked up haha.

    *BTW nice to meet you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you too! I uploaded a video of Eric's performance on Youtube, but I haven't found time to write a post yet.. I'm a bit backed up with posts I need to write lately and no time to write them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha. If I were going to start shoplifting from E-mart, I probably would begin by pocketing the cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like your cheese neurons are pretty active...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheese theft wouldn't have occurred to me, but now that you mention it, the temptation arises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's a good thing they put the locks on the cheese... It seems as though we have lots of potential cheese thieves out there! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm. You know the Hamburgler? Well, his cousin is the (wait for it) Cheeseburgler.

    ReplyDelete