Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Korea Traditional Cultural Experience Center: Incheon Airport

Ok, Though I could write forever about Cambodia, I'm afraid my viewers who really care about Korea are getting bored.

This is why I LOVE living in Korea.


I discovered for the first time in Incheon Airport the "Korea Traditional Cultural Experience Center" while waiting for my flight to Cambodia.


While I got kicked out of a restaurant in Guangzhou airport for trying to order one beer to split between two people because it was the cheapest thing on the menu, the Korean airport welcomed me with open arms to watch a free performance of traditional Korean dance and music. While I watched the dance, they gave me a nice paper fan (with a real wooden handle, not the cheap plastic sort) and let me paint my fan with nice acrylic paints. Kind staff walked around refilling paint and helping new guests and no one asked me to check out the overpriced gift shop in the back of the Experience Center.

I'm still convinced that Korea has got to be one of the best countries in the world to live in, once again. Check this place out on your next trip out of Korea!

2 comments:

  1. i did this last time i was @ the airport also. didn't get the fan, but i got a little paper plate, where i clued the picture of a bird on. definitely a rich culture country and definitely have a pleasant way to show the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Korean Cultural Center at Incheon Airport, and definitely hope to be able to go back. It was definitely worth the extra layover! : )

    ReplyDelete