Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Korean Experience in Santiago/ Encontrando un poco de Corea en Chile



After our visit with the Virgin, we decided to take a trip down to Patronato for some tasty Korean food, since two out of the four of us had never tried Korean food (I was obviously not one of the two). We had to introduce them to the wonders of bulgogi.

While I don't think this was the best bulgogi I have ever had, I must give the restaurant props for having a super cool atmosphere. I really felt like I was in a traditional Korean restaurant. We took off our shoes, and sat on pillows on the floor around the table and they brought us over a little grill to cook our own bulgogi on. The food was good, I only say that it wasn't the best bulgogi I've ever had because I've had some really good bulgogi before. Still definitely worth trying though. And some of the side dishes that they brought over were excellent. Still don't know what they were, which is probably a good taste of what's to come when I get to Seoul next week (YIKES) but definitely tasty.

If you want to go try for yourself next time you're in Santiago, here is the address.

평 양면 옥- Pyong Yang Muyn Ok
Santa Filomena 170

Santiago, Chile
735-7219


Despues de nuestra visita a Cerro San Cristobal, decidimos ir para comer comida Coreana en honor de mi viaje a corea que viene pronto. Un amigo conocía un lugar en Patronato para comer comida Coreana en un estilo muy authentico. Dos amigos mios nunca habían probado comida Coreana, entonces tuvimos que presentarles a la maravilla de bulgogi.

Admito que este bulgogi no fue el mejor que he probado. Pero, igual, he probado bulgogis muy buenos. Lo que me gusto de este restaurante fue el ambiente bien Coreano. Sacamos los zapatos y nos sentamos en almohadas en el suelo, y nos trayeron una cocina pequenita para cocinar el bulgogi. Supongo que esto es la manera traditional..... voy a ver en una semana mas!! (Que miedo!!!!!!) Todavia no he encontrado un restaurante asi en USA.

En fin, sugería este restaurante para tener una experiencia Coreana mientras está en Sudamerica. Se ubica aqui:

평 양면 옥- Pyong Yang Muyn Ok
Santa Filomena 170

Santiago, Chile
735-7219

1 comment:

  1. I will be in Santiago for a few days latter this week. I hope to have a chance for a Korean meal.

    ReplyDelete